Sunday, August 7, 2011

Tired!

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest" Matthew 11:28

I have been dealing with some kind of sickness or bug for 5 days now. I don't know what is going on but I just don't feel good. I am hoping just staying on the couch today and not doing anything will help. I keep looking around thinking this needs to be done or that needs to be done. I just got to keep telling myself it will be here tomorrow. I hate missing church today but I need to rest. I have been on the go all week and that hasn't helped the situation of being sick. 

Yesterday was the second Saturday of Miracle League! I love this league so much and I have learned so much just from being involved. My kids love it and they are learning life lessons. It is truly a miracle to see each game. The players are so excited each game. 

School starts soon for the kids!! This week has been very trying for all of us. I think alot has to do with me not feeling well. Jared will be in 3rd grade... Wow it feels like it was just yesterday I was sitting by his crib in the NICU. He is my Miracle baby and I thank God for him each day. He has taught me so much in life. And his life has truly taught me how to put all my trust in God. From the day after he was born and he was whisked away from my arms to an ambulance to be transported 45 minutes away to an Indianapolis hospital with his dad following behind him. To the doctors telling Shane he wouldn't make it through the night that same day. All the while I lay in a hospital bed in New Castle fighting my own battle to get my blood pressure down. He has caused many scares in his 8 years of life from choking on a quarter, getting his finger almost cut off in a bike chain and Staci and I having to call the paramedics because we couldn't do anything to get it out and they get there and search for tools on my dads tool bench, him diving off the top bunk of his Jalen's bunk beds and we were thinking he broke his neck and actually he broke his arm. The last one was when the school called this year and told me I needed to come pick him up because he needed to go to the hospital because he fell off the top of the slide at recess......... I love that kid. 

Jalen will be 13 this month. I cant believe this at all. It feels like it was just yesterday I was that pregnant 16 year old lost in this crazy world dealing with adult decisions as a child myself. Living a very crazy life. BUT I am survivor and I love Jalen and I am so proud of the young man he has become. He loves God and he loves helping others. He is just like his momma. He starts football for the 7th grade team tomorrow. I know he will do awesome in Junior High.

Maddy is going to be a 6th grader!!!! She is as tall as me and I am not sure when this happened. I am so proud of all she is doing in life. She has a project at the state fair!!!!!! She puts 100% in all she does!!! She will do amazing things!!!

This will be Lis' second year at Purdue!!!! I am so proud of her. It feels like it was just yesterday she came into my life!!! She will also do amazing things in her life. 

This week is going to be devoted to getting back into a routine and getting organized for school to start!! Oh and the girls come back this week to and we have missed them alot. So I am heading back to the couch and resting!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment