Sunday, September 11, 2011

What I have learned from thursday

Well Thursday what a day!!! It was like any other day until I was walking out to go to Tri's PTO meeting. My friend Cindy sent my a facebook message and said PTO tonight you going and I responded yea putting my shoes on. Most any other time I leave the house I would have just slipped my flip flops on and head out but for some reason I put my tennis shoes on. I told my family by and out the door I went. Well I have no clue how but I fell down the 6 cement steps in front of my house. I landed just as a car pulled up and asked if I was ok and I firmly said no. So she parked and came over to where I was sitting. She was like how can I help and I was like I need someone out of the house. Shen then tells me I can't go out there, I am afraid of cats and there is a cat up there. Well I am so thankful I had my phone and it was in my purse. If I would have been carrying it, it would have been broken. I had money and my keys in my hand and it landed a ways away from me. I called Shane but it took a minute to actually get him on the phone since I was in shock and couldn't get him at first. So he came out and as soon as he came out he called the ambulance since my leg just didnt look right. Well if felt like years before they got to the house. It was horrible. So anyway after a pain shot and xrays it was determined that nothing was broke but my knee was dislocated, my ankle severely sprained, and a shoulder sprain. I have a pretty deep abrasion on my other knee. And plenty of sore other body parts. I am still in alot of pain. Meds are not really helping so sleep has been my friend. It takes soo much effort to move to the bathroom then back to me my bed. I am so worn out just from that simple task. I feel so helpless and I hate depending on others. I am thankful for the ones that have brought meals over and came to pray for me. I am thankful for my friend Corey coming over to keep me company. I feel like I am in for a long recovery and it is going to take time to heal. But I am thankful for my Father in Heaven that has guided me through every step. I am thankful for his comfort when I feel alone and my friends are million miles away.

No comments:

Post a Comment