Thursday, September 22, 2011

Life is full of twists!

Ok, if I make it through this blog I without crying it will be a pure miracle. Ok, so the elder missionaries from The  Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints have visited our house for a while now. Well the first couple of guys I liked but not well enough to get close to or maybe our personalities didn't mesh. Well the first transfer, one left and another came. After first I didn't like Elder Wilson. Haha he was a little ummm I don't even know how to describe him. Ha well how I tell people that Elder Wilson is Jared in 10 years. But I kinda LOVE him to death now!!! Haha 6 months later. He is such a blessing to me. Well the next transfer came around and  the other guy from the first pair left and Elder Pahl came :) He and I clicked!! I love him so much but he went home and I still communicate with him some. Then for a week Elder Doxey came to fill in for transfers. Elder Doxey is a very sweet and laid back guy. He is an amazing witness for Heavenly Father. He at transfers and went to Ball State. Our family was told on Monday that he was leaving for Ball State and that the new Elder was brand new and would be coming straight from the airport to New Castle. I was like ok I wonder how this will go.
Well let me tell you the day Elder Wood walked into my home I knew he was an amazing guy!! He was so easy to talk to. We have laughed and cried together, agreed and disagreed with each other, had fun and got serious together! I am so thankful for the time we had together. He has taught me so much as a person. He taught me I could bring down the walls I have built up from years of hurt. I am so blessed to say I know Daniel Wood!! Or family will be forever changed by his example.
He has brought a special girl into my life Hailey that I feel like I have known forever. She and I can talk like I can't with others!! She is sweet and such a blessing to me. She has helped me this week so much with his leaving. She has been there. Her situation may be a little harder but she has been so supportive. Thank You Hailey!! I love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So Sunday evening we went to a fireside in Muncie with the Elders. Elder Wilson had taken my camera home on Saturday to charge it for me since I had lost my camera. Well we were all in the car and I turned my camera on and there was the two sweet pictures on it of each of them!! I love it and it will be pictures I cherish forever. (So I knew I wouldn't make it through this blog without crying because I can barely see to type right now). So discussion turned to the transfer calls they would be getting in the morning. We were all joking around about where they would be sent. Deep down I was praying that neither would leave. We had such a good evening with them Sunday! I am so thankful for that good evening to remember forever.
Monday morning at 6:43am I got the text saying " Elder Wood is leaving New Castle for reals". Wow I bawled immediately. Wow that is when the emotional roller coaster began...... The next thing Elder Wood said to me was this will not be goodbye forever. That has been a source of strength for me as of late.
I have cried more tears than I thought was possible the last four days. I have cried looking over texts he sent me especially the one that says "So basically I am dreading saying goodbye to your family". Breaks my heart!!
" I have learned that people will forget what said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel" I sent this quote to him because it is sooo true. He kept saying we will take lots of sweet pictures. They came over Monday evening and we spent time together laughing without sadness and tears that was for later. Oh and we took sweet pictures that night!!
Tuesday, came and Tuesday was good bye day. I wrote a pretty sweet note to him and put it in a card for him and cried while I did so. Lots of tears were shed all day by me that day. I texted to make sure he knew I was praying for him because I know that we werent the only ones he was saying good bye too. He told me it was hard. I just cried for him
The time came for him to come over and say our goodbyes. Maddy comes out of her room with a card and a bracelet she made him. He comes over and thankfully no tears were shed for the majority of his visit. We took a lot of pictures our lovely photographer Elder Wilson was amazing. Then it was time for him to bear his testimony. Tear began to fall and didn't stop.  We said our "See ya later's" and he left. I had a message from Elder Wilsons mom and I texted it to him since there was no way I could tell him face to face. I cried doing so and he texted back and gave me a message for her. He then told me I could make him cry like no other person and he was thankful for me.I told him I would love him forever and he told me like wise.
Wednesday morning was the day of his leaving at this time he didn't know where he would be going to he was in Indianapolis. I texted them to tell them to have a safe trip and i loved him. The last thing he said to me was thank you and I will love you forever!! A couple hours later I get a text saying who the new elder was and of course I asked where Elder Wood went. Warsaw Indiana, well I know nothing about Warsaw Indiana. So to Mapquest I go. Warsaw is 2 and a half hours from New Castle and approx. 120 miles away......... That was hard to comprehend why couldn't he go somewhere like Ball State or Richmond????? But that wasn't Gods will for him. So let the letters begin. According to Hailey's Blog he will be home in 629 days!! Home is Idaho. But he will be visiting Indiana! And Hailey is coming too!!!
Ok so I know that the Missionaries can get alot of haters and it drives me crazy!!!! Do you realize what they do? Well let me tell you!! They leave their families when they are between the  ages of 19 and 21. They are then told they don't get to pick where they will serve their mission. And it isn't limited to the United States, its world wide. They pack their stuff say goodbye to their families. When I say goodbye they do not get to take a cell phone, they don't have facebook at all or other social networking sites to communicate with their families. They go to the MTC to train for a time then they are put on a plane and sent to where ever they are called to go. As in Elder Wood's case he was called to Indiana. They are then matched to be companions with someone they do not know!! They live together and spend all 24 hours together!! Could you imagine??? All the while they do not have tv or anything to occupy them other then studying, praying, and reading scriptures. They do not have alot of money and they only have a car every other week. The other week they are on bikes or foot and they do this in rain, snow, cold and hot weather. They spread the Word. They are only able to check email and write letters on Monday's. Oh that is the only way the can communicate with family and friends. They hope families in the church provide them meals. But that isn't always a promise. Could you do this??? I am a mom and I don't know if I could let one of my kids do this but you know I will support them if they decide to do it. With that being said instead of judging these guys when you see them out, oh and girls go on missions too, pray for them, uplift them, say positive things to them, and just be nice to them. I don't know how many times they have walked in and said a person said this or a person said that. Ugh it drives me crazy. Maybe people need to go back to the say "If you don't have anything good to say don't say anything at all" Sad thing is a lot of  SO CALLED CHRISTIANS ARE THE BIGGEST OFFENDERS. If I just offended you maybe you should get on your knees and sincerely pray!! As I will be doing as I finish this blog!
As for Elder Wood! When he was in the car leaving New Castle a piece of my heart went with him! I will love him forever and always! He will be forever in my prayers. I will see him soon and hear from him often. He changed my life and I am so grateful! He will do great things in Warsaw and his other assignments of the next 629 days!! Oh and for Elder Wilson I will probably boohoo and cry as much as I have for Elder Wood and I promise you I will have a blog dedicated just for him!! Just hopefully not in 6 weeks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment