Sunday, September 11, 2011

10 years

1 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. 2 Therefore we will not fear, though the earth should change, though the mountains shake in the heart of the sea; 3 though its waters roar and foam, though the mountains tremble with its tumult. (Selah) 4 There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God, the holy habitation of the Most High. 5 God is in the midst of the city; it shall not be moved; God will help it when the morning dawns. 6 The nations are in an uproar, the kingdoms totter; he utters his voice, the earth melts. 7 The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. (Selah) 8 Come, behold the works of the Lord; see what desolations he has brought on the earth. 9 He makes wars cease to the end of the earth; he breaks the bow, and shatters the spear; he burns the shields with fire. 10 "Be still, and know that I am God! I am exalted among the nations, I am exalted in the earth." 11 The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. (Selah) Psalm 46
10 years have passed and the sadness of this day is still great. I was 19 when my nation was attacked and many live needlessly lost. That day will forever be etched in my mind. I was a single mom, a student, and had a full time job. I remember waking up that morning to get ready for school. I was the only one home at the time. I turned the tv on while readying myself for class. I watched everything unfold by myself in my room by myself. I remember going to school driving down 3 and everything seemed soo still and in mourning. There were no planes in the sky and everything seemed in slow motion. When I reached school  class was cancelled so I came back to town and picked the kids up from daycare and spent the rest of the afternoon watching the events on tv. I then slept and woke up before work that night and the nightmare was still unfolding. I went to work at Arbys and it was a mad house next door at Swifty. Police were directing traffic because gas prices soared. It was so surreal. 


Ten years later the impact of this event is still heavy. My heart is heavy for all the ones who lost a loved one that day. May God bless them and the USA

No comments:

Post a Comment