Sunday, May 20, 2012

Lots of updates

Wow I haven't really posted in a long time. So much has happened around here. Things have been so crazy and busy. Which is nothing new!!! But anyway here goes!! I had my wisdom teeth removed two weeks ago.... Well that was the worst experience of my life. I have went through a lot medically wise but by far this is the worst thing I have ever experienced. So it started out with Shane telling me I need to go to the dentist. I HATE going to the dentist. So I went to Dr. Hall on a Monday and he said we really need to get those wisdom teeth out. I was like ok, then he referred me to an oral surgeon. I call to set up an appointment and they were like we can not get you in until June 7 for a consultation. June is not a good month for me to have that kind of procedure done. So Dr. Hall gave me another referral. We call the office and they were like be here Thursday for surgery. I had three days to get everything prepared for that day. But it was a major blessing that he got me in that fast. They told me I would be completely asleep during the procedure. I go in my nerves are mess. I go back to the room and sit down and the tv is on. Its on sports center. I really cannot handle sports especially if it is nothing to do with my kids. I was thinking well maybe they will let me watch something to relax. Well that was a big fat NO. The doctor comes in and starts the iv and then tells me this will not put you to sleep but you will not know anything is going on. Well I remember everything that happened in the room all the conversations between him and his assistant, everything said on tv, and everything going on in my mouth. Well the pain was horrible and I could not go to sleep. I didn't sleep at all on the way home from Indy or at all after the surgery. All day that day I just laid on the couch in pain..... Thankfully I had many people here to help. My mom took me to the surgery, my sister took care of Evan, my dad got the kids from school, my visiting teachers were awesome, many sisters called, sent texts, and emailed me to check on me. I am still numb on my chin. I was in a lot of pain for about a week. I had to go back because of it 4 days after the procedure and he really didn't help me at all. It was horrible... So glad I never have to do it again.
Shane had all of his top teeth pulled and now has top dentures. He is feeling much better and after the teeth were removed a lot of swelling in his body went down. He has more confidence as well.
Lis just finished another semester at Purdue and she got a promotion at her job. She has rented an apartment and will be moving next weekend. I am so proud of her. Its so crazy she isn't a teenager anymore.
Jalen just finished his track season. He had a good season and we know now that track is the sport he needs to improve in. But he had fun. He is getting ready for all his finals this week. He starts football and basketball conditioning as well soon.
Maddy is busy busy. She is a cheerleader now and will be going to camp in June. Its gonna cost mom and dad a lot of money and I am not going to lie I am completely stressed out over it. But I still am in disbelief she will be in middle school soon.
Jared has been complaining a lot about stomach pain and has been getting over heated a lot lately. He has missed a lot of school lately as well. He did not pass I read. I have my own opinion on that test but I am not going to go into that today. But anyway Shane and I came to the decision he is going to stay in 3rd grade again next year. This year has been a very rough school year and I think it will benefit Jared a lot if he just stayed back. He has some friends that will be in his grade so I think he will be ok. It was a very tough thing to do. I cried about it. He is my miracle baby and he has to fight all his life.
It has been a very sad week. A little boy I have been praying for passed away. Jackson was six years old. His parents went to school with me. He had a terminal brain tumor. It is just breaking my heart and my heart has been so heavy this whole week I cannot imagine the pain of the loss of a child. He was such a fighter and inspiration to our whole city.
The kids have 5 days left of school then we will have two months of fun!!! We are going to camp in the back yard, have bon fires, go swimming, play at the park, just do fun things. I love these kids that are mine biologically and the ones I am blessed with caring for. I am so blessed!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment